Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Our Baby Girl

Wednesday, June 29, 2011
 
Our day was as beautiful as the weather.  Grandpa loaded up the sheet metal roof that was taken off the building and we took it to a recycle place in Windham.  Grandpa walked away with a nice little check in his pocket.  I'm thinking he might feel the burn in his muscles tomorrow from the lifting.
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
The doctors decided to induce labor three weeks early for this pregnancy.  I was told that most of the problems with the blood happens in the last weeks of  pregnancy.  The delivery was easy and no problem.  We were thrilled because we had a little girl.  She had coal black hair and a fair complexion.  I thought she looked like Grandpa when she was born.  Grandpa picked out the name Kathryn and I picked out Sue.  My doctor had told me that I should NOT take my baby home less then 5 days because if the blood count was going to drop it would  by then.  My doctor went on vacation and the substitute doctor released us after 3 days.  I said 'NO, NO NO" because I was afraid of what might happen.  The nurse finally came in and said our baby girl had the same blood type as mine and not to worry.
 
We had Kathryn Sue Baptized in the Catholic Church.  Rosemarie was her God Mother and Uncle Sammy stood in proxy for Uncle John.  I still felt I was doing everything right and was obedient to the Catholic Church.  As I look back now It was the religion I was following and not my beloved Savior.
 
To be continued,
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment