Monday, May 9, 2011

SELFISH GOALS

Monday, May 9, 2011
I can't tell if things are winding down or winding up or just winding.  I set out today and hired myself for a part time job in the sewing room.  Never made it there today.  Go figure!  Grandpa and I had a nice morning shopping in Middlefield.  It was a beautiful day and a beautiful drive.  We had a quick lunch at home and Grandpa set out to get some mowing done.  I on the other hand decided I better get some swimming in.  Of course I met a couple of people I haven't seen in awhile so I made it home just in time to start supper.  One of my favorite shows is "Dancing with the Stars" and it was on for 2 hours tonight.  So here I am pouring out my day to you.  Actually it works out pretty good since you all are good listeners. 
STATEMENTS OF TRUTH
10. I renounce all SELFISH GOALS and choose the ultimate goal of love.  I choose to obey the two greatest commandments: to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love my neighbor as myself. (See Matthew 22:37-39; 1 Timothy 1:5.)
Boy!  Did this Statement of Truth hit home.  Now I see all my selfish goals.
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment