Monday, May 30, 2011

CITIZEN

Monday, May 30, 2011
 
It just don't seem right to say Happy Memorial Day when it's to remember our fallen soldiers and those who are serving now.  So I'm going to say Giving Thanks on Memorial Day.  I do have a few memories of my Dad serving in the Navy.  The first time he joined the Navy he was drafted and fought in World War 11.  I was just 3 years old when he came home and I was scared to death of him because he looked so big and I didn't remember him.  Sorry Dad.  The second time he joined the Navy was around 1950 and I think he was escaping from something or someone.  Sorry Dad.  Well I'm sure he must have been a good sailor.  Thank you for serving our country.
Charles G. Janka  1913-1978
 
IN CHRIST
Since I Am in Christ
 
I am a fellow CITIZEN with the rest of God's people in His family.
 
Ephesians 2:19----Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow CITIZENS with God's people and members of God's household.
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment