Wednesday, January 5, 2011

RECEIVED

Wednesday, January 5, 2011
 
This is a follow up on answered prayer.  For the last few days I've been contemplating how to revive the mission ministry at our church.  Let me share with you how I RECEIVED my answer.
 
Today when I went to the church for prayer and bible study I went into the office and our Pastor's wife showed me a map and asked if I could use it or post it on the bulletin board.  I looked at the map and it was of the Middle East.  All the countries that were in dark green are Restricted Nations and the ones in light green Hostile Areas.  When I read the description of Restricted Nations it was a real eye opener.  All I knew is I have to bring this information to people who pray for our missionaries.
 
I then went to the fellowship hall where the bible study takes place and a friend handed me a book that he thought I might like to read.  The title, "If you want to walk on water, You've got To Get Out Of The Boat" by John Ortberg.  I thought God is trying to tell me that I need to take action and have faith in Him. 
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
The Son of God became a man, thus enabling men to become sons of God.
C.S. Lewis
 
"But as many as RECEIVED him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
John 1:12 KJV
 
Love, grandma
 

No comments:

Post a Comment