Saturday, January 1, 2011

DAY 1

Saturday, January 1, 2011
 
Today was a quiet DAY doing only the things we felt like doing.  We started our wedding picture puzzle and already we are stuck on the frame. Hmmmm????  I'm sure we will figure it out but till then it's seek and find.
We had sauerkraut, sausage, fried potatoes, cooked apples and ice cream.  For some reason sauerkraut is eaten on the first DAY of the year.  I guess it must be like turkey on Thanksgiving and Ham at Easter. 
It was nice to spend time in the sewing room today working on a quilt and listening to my radio station FM 103.3.  Very relaxing.
It was a cloudy DAY today with rain off and on and just a peeking out of sunshine at times.  All our snow is gone but I'm sure that won't last long.
We enjoyed talking to our children by phone and wishing them a Happy New Year.  E-mail's are nice, Texting is nice, but it doesn't take the place of hearing your loved ones voices.
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Leave the past to the mercy of God, the present to the love of God, the future to the providence of God.
 
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the DAYS of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
Psalm 23:6 KJV
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment