Saturday, December 25, 2010

SHINING STAR

Saturday, December 25, 2010
 
A Happy, Happy Christmas day with family.  Loved the phone call and email from our family up in MN. 
 
It wouldn't be Christmas if Grandma didn't pull a few blunders and today was no exception.  If I remember correctly last year Grandma forgot to put the money in Jess's envelope and today Kyle was the victim of Grandma's forgetful memory.  Kyle played Santa and delivered the gifts by airmail (tossing through the air).  Unfortunately he didn't get only but one from us and that was a can of nuts.  Of course we gave him his other gift later and then he forgot to take it with him when he left.  I wonder who will be my victim, oops! SHINING STAR next year? :{
 
That was only one of my blunders today.  John was graciously preparing the meal for us and I thought I would help by setting up a table for him. The table was a double sided drop leaf table with one side up and I wanted to put up the second side to give him more room.  On top of the table was a container full of mixed vegetables and a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Welllllllll! when I tried to put the second side up the table flipped and the vegetables and open bottle of olive oil slid off onto the floor.  The vegetables were fine he just scooped them up but the oil fell into a plastic container which saved the carpet but there was only about a quarter of the olive oil left in the bottle.  I was ordered to leave the kitchen and let the cooks do their thing.  (the photo is Kathy, Debbie and John cleaning up after me)
 
I do have some family news if you haven't read it already on FB.  Michael got accepted to Miami U. of Ohio and is waiting to see if he gets accepted to OSU. 
 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
A little child, a SHINING STAR, a stable crude, the door ajar; but in that place, so crude, forlorn, the hope of all the world was born.
 
"For today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2:11 NASB
 
Love, grandma
It has been a very Merry Christmas
Happy Birthday Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment