Wednesday, December 8, 2010

CHRISTMAS PAST

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
 
Kathy gave me a good chuckle tonight by remembering Christmas past.  She shared the story with her friends when we use to go to Christmas midnight mass and came home and she found a note on the tree saying "Santa came but she wasn't in her bed but he would come back later".  All these years she thought it was Grandpa who left the note but she found out tonight who it really was.  She said "it all made sense now" hehehehe!
Another story I don't think I shared with you is when we made our butter rings and took them to the neighbors that I found out years later I was using 3 times the amount of yeast in them that I was suppose to.  A recipe came out in the paper with the ingredients for butter rings.  I couldn't believe it.   Our poor neighbors probably hated to see us come every year to DELIVER those darn butter rings.
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Giving becomes a joy rather than a duty when we realize that God has given us everything.
 
"He who did not spare His own Son, but DELIVERED Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
Romans 8:32
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment