Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MOTIVES

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
 
Wait till you hear what I did today and I'm not sorry one bit. 
 
Grandpa and I stopped at the drugstore for some vitamins I needed.  We walked in together and then I lost him.  I strolled over to the isle that had the valentine candy 50% off.  My eyes couldn't believe what I saw.  Shelves of red boxes and bags of candy.  I stopped in front of the Ghirardelli chocolate and picked up 3 bags of Ghirardelli chocolate squares with an assortment of Milk & Peanut Butter, Dark 60% Cacao, Dark & Raspberry and Milk & Caramel.  Grandpa came around the corner and caught me.  I looked up and said "Oh! I'm so glad you didn't buy me candy for valentines day because it's more fun to come down and get it at 50% off".  Only God knew my MOTIVE.
 
I came home and found a book I needed to return to my high school girl friend and thought "Boy! it would be nice to take her some chocolate."  I didn't want to give up one of my 3 bags so I stopped at the drugstore again and there was one left.  Off I went to return the book and give a gift of candy.
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
A man sees your actions, but God sees your MOTIVES.
 
"For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7 (b) NASB
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment