Thursday, February 24, 2011

MIND

Thursday, February 24, 2011
 
Reflecting on today's events I thought I would share with you about an important phone call I made.  I made up my MIND to call a friend I haven't heard from in a long while.  It's been a year that she lost her 5 year old grandson to cancer.  Her name is Karen and many years ago I worked with her at Doc's restaurant.  As time went by we both attended the same church.  I just love this friend because we can talk about our Lord Jesus for hours on end.  Karen moved away and since the lose of her grandson her life took many twist and turns.  Her daughter who is married and has 3 children just got deployed to Iraq.  I decided to call her and we both were so excited to hear each others voice.  What a wonderful blessing this was to us both.  If there is someone you haven't heard from or seen and want to get in contact with don't wait for another time. 
 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Generosity is a matter of the heart and not finances.
 
"Every one must make up his own MIND as to how much he should give.  Don't force anyone to give more than he really wants to, for cheerful givers are the ones God prizes."
2 Corinthians 9:7
 
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment