Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Real Hoot

I have to share my friend, Beth's, email to me. It's a real Hoot!

Good Morning Pat,

Don't feel bad about the blackened fries, you are not alone. I for one have destroyed many dinner components including the main dish. I will tell you a funny story that happened about 21 years ago. We had just moved into this lovely palace and were in the process of burning the barn that had collapsed after we signed the papers, but before we had actually moved in. David had an old Trac=hoe and an even older bull dozer. He had dug a big,deep hole about where the little building is now and was pushing debris into the fire that was in the hole. I was in and out of the house,toting Katie on my hip and of course I was making dinner. You can see where this is going can't you? Anyway, I came in from outside to discover the green beans had burnt to a crisp in the pan on top of the stove. I decided I wasn't going to deal with it and grabbed the pan with the charred beans and went out to the hole and gave the pan a toss, well it over shot the hole and landed in the dirt behind it. I figured that was close enough and that David would push it in the hole with the next pile of wood. So back in to make another vegetable for dinner. Upon completing supper, I waved to him to come eat and went about setting the table. David came in all excited and said "Look what I found, if you clean it up a little it looks almost new." Yes it was the pan. I calmly removed it from his hand and walked back to the hole and this time I made sure it landed in the bottom of the hole. That was just one of many such kitchen castastropies.

I now have a stove that you can program to start at a certain time and shut off at a certain time so as not to burn things. Only one problem, I can't find the manual that came with it, so I don't know how to do it. Welcome to my world.

Have a wonderful day and don't sweat the small stuff, There's always McDonald's.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that's pretty funny. That's why I normally just go right to McDonalds, I don't do well with cooking.

    ReplyDelete