Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Beth's email

I am sharing this email sent to me by a very good friend. I hope you don't mind Beth.
We all should be blessed to have friends like Beth.

Dear Pat and Ralph,

I'm so sorry to hear about Bubba, though I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Bubba, I can certainly understand the sorrow. If our pets could live on our love for them, they would live forever. Wouldn't that be wonderful. I know I still miss Beauty and Austin and Channing , they were our 2 border collies and a st. bernard. Now we have Lucy and Lumpy who pretty much rule the roost around here. I love them most of the time. Okay all the time. I just yell at them because I'm pretty sure they're deaf. At least that's what I tell myself when they refuse to come or go or sit or stop barking. I think they're perfect. Most of the time.

We have started planting, so things are somewhat hectic. Home is all planted and I disked up at the sheep farm today. If it's not going to rain I'll probably be back up there tomorrow. David will plant what I disked today, tonight when he gets home. The weather is so unpredictable and he would rather not disk the ground unless he can plant it before it rains. We are planting only soybeans this year. I have a feeling I'll be living in the combine this fall.

How have you two been doing. I've been following your blog so I know about Ralph showing off at the eye doctors and about you behind the darn garbage truck. I'm so glad you didn't say I was behind this farmer driving down the road tying up traffic. HaHa! Your blog is a wonderful thing for me. I so enjoy hearing your stories. It really is a wonderful life that we live and Thank You for sharing yours with me. I consider you two of my dearest friends.

Well, no rest for the wicked (I must have been very bad in a previous life) I'm off to check on dinner and move the tractor out of the middle of the driveway.

Have a wonderful evening. beth

No comments:

Post a Comment