Friday, July 8, 2011

New Church

Friday, July 8, 2011
 
Well today I went to the beauty shop, (I think that is funny they call it a beauty shop) and had my hair dresser do my hair lighter.  When I came home the first thing Grandpa said was "Oh! that looks nice."  That's all that mattered because he is the one who has to see it all the time. 
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
Tim and Kathy took me to church where Kathy's friend, Wendy Paul, went.  (side note) I saw Wendy today at the beauty shop and of course she did look beautiful. 
 
I started to attend Faith Church which was very different then the Catholic Mass I would go to.  The first thing that really impressed me was people stood up and started sharing how Jesus Came Into Their Lives.  I had never really heard testimonies before.  Faith Church was without a Pastor at the time because the previous Pastor became Superintendent of the District.  It was the people of the church who welcomed me with opened arms.  I would not say anything bad about the Catholic Church only it was a different kind of worship. It was a difficult decision to leave the Catholic Church but that is when I realized I had a strong desire to learn "God's Word".  I had really never learned about all the children's stories in the bible so what better way to learn is by teaching two and three year olds bible stories. 
 
I remember before Tim and Kathy got married, Tim's Mom, Louise, had Kathy and I over to her house and we had a bible study there.  I just remember Kathy and I had lots of questions and Louise was very patient with us during the study.  I was thirsty, thirsty, thirsty for more information about Jesus and what he did for me.
 
To Be Continued,
Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment