Monday, July 4, 2011

My First Bible Study

Monday, Happy 4th of July, 2011
 
Welcome home Tori!  We can only imagine how good the shower and bed felt when you got home.  I thank God for your safe trip. 
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
Remember it was on my 42nd birthday, Nov. 6, 1983, when I prayed with Pat. 
 
Pat Sallee invited me to her home for a Bible Study.  I had never went to a Bible Study before and was a little nervous of what to expect.  Were they going to ask me questions I didn't understand?  When I arrived there were just a few people there and we sat around her dining room table.  I knew very little about the Bible so I listened carefully and hoped nobody would ask me anything.  To be truthful I don't remember what book in the bible they were studying but Pat was so nice and very patient with me as I started asking the questions. 
 
There was a new vocabulary being spoken I didn't quite understand.  The one that comes to mind was Born Again.
How could one be Born Again?  I didn't feel to bad not knowing when I found out a very intelligent man by the name of Nicodemus didn't know either. In the book of John, Chapter 3, verse 3,  Jesus said,"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
 
Jesus said "flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, You must be born again.  The wind blows wherever it pleases.  You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
 
Hmmmm!  I have a spirit which I know is the life in me.  Am I willing to surrender my spirit for the Spirit of Jesus?  WOW!  That is pretty serious stuff.  I need to know more. 
 
To Be Continued.
Love, grandma 

No comments:

Post a Comment