Thursday, July 7, 2011

My First Study Bible

Thursday, July 7, 2011
 
Another beautiful day in Garrettsville.  Where else may one go to get perfect weather.  No answer required.
 
MEMORIES
(How Jesus Came Into My Life)
 
 
In 1984 Tim and Kathy were both in college at Hiram.  Kathy was taking a religion class  and like me knew very little about the Bible.  Tim was brought up in a home that read, studied and lived the Bible teachings.  Tim helped Kathy with her studies and homework.  They would come to the house and study together and I had the privilege of watching and learning right along with Kathy.  I was amazed how much Tim knew about the Bible.  Again my interest was revived and I wanted to know more.  On November 6, 1984 Tim and Kathy gave me a gift of my first Ryrie Study Bible.  I was so excited to have received it.  I still have it and use it to this day.  I also have purchased many other Bibles along the way but there is nothing like receiving that first Study Bible.   
 
God is Good because I have a hard time memorizing anything so all these important events happen on my birthdays.  Another important event which happened on my birthday in 1987 was Alyssa and Christopher became Belden's and Grandpa and I became Grandparents.  :))
 
Now that I had my Study Bible it was important I attend a Bible teaching church where I could really grow and learn in THE WORD OF GOD.
 
To Be Continued,
Love, grandma
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment