Saturday, March 14, 2009

Big Surprise

Today as I was talking on the phone the doorbell rang. With phone in hand and still talking I went to the door. It was one of the happiest surprises I've had in a long time. My very good friend, Ruth and her three daughters, Elizabeth, Mattie and Grace came from PA to visit family and friends. I hung up the phone and I'm not sure if I even said good bye to whom I was talking to. There is so much to talk about with my good friend and so little time. She invited me to go into town with her to the local quilt shop. Of Course I went. Now I had my good friend and a quilt shop all in the same day. Even though it was a short visit it was like we've never been apart. Thank you Ruth and girls for making my day a happy one.

3 comments:

  1. Seeing old friends always makes my day happy. Sometimes seeing current friends does it too, but it depends on the friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm so excited that you got to see an old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so super fun for us too!!!!

    ReplyDelete