Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beth's email

I'm sure you all will enjoy reading my friend Beth's email to me. She is one talented lady who has a gift in writing.

Congratulations on your organization. I find lists to be immensely helpful and I make them for everything. I have lists for nice days (outside work) and rainy days (inside work) . You could say lists are my life. If I do something that is not on the list I add it just so i can cross it off. How's that for crazy? They do help me stay on track even if I've become a bit compulsive about them. I caught myself the other day actually arranging the list in order of how dirty I was going to get accomplishing said tasks. You see I had to go to the grocery store (public appearance) which is completely different than going to the bank (only seen from the shoulders up at the drive-thru), so I felt i had to stay reasonably clean from 4:45 a.m. until the bank opened at 9. So I solved that problem by sewing some pieces together for a baby quilt that i am working on. See, I do find time to sew when all the sane people are sleeping.


I loved you story about the cake that fell. Who hasn't had that happen? At least you discovered the problem right away. I made so many "Flat Cakes" one winter before I figured out it really wasn't me.


I don't have to leave the house today so I can get as dirty as necessary without any worries. That is unless someone stops over. Everyone is absolutely welcome to come over anytime. Just know that I will not be dressed in my church clothes nor will I be lying on the couch eating bon bons. Church clothes are worn once a week to go to church in, the rest of the time I'm at home in the grubbiest clothes I own. Katie told me I looked like homeless woman. Children are so kind. I now they aren't supposed to lie, but does she have to be so honest.


Okay, I'm off to get dirty, I don't mean to get dirty, it just happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment