Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I feel so Young :)

I feel sooooo young! Today I took my friend Kathryn who just celebrated her 90th birthday this month to visit another friend Marie who is 93 and in the nursing home. I was just a kid to them and I loved every minute of it. What a hoot it was listening to these two wonderful ladies talking about "Remember when". It's amazing how people occupied their time before TV and Computers. Maybe even before telephones. Maybe before even snail mail. OK, I went to far that time. Visiting seems like a social activity of the past. Years ago I remember visiting on the weekend my grandparents and creating a lot of fun memories. Food and playing cards stand out in my mind.
I have to admit Grandpa and I live in a neighborhood with retired people and Amish families. When our front door is open they know they are always welcomed to come in for coffee and conversation.
We are Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment