Monday, February 23, 2009

42 PROOF CAKE

Today Grandpa and I decided to make a bundt cake. I found a recipe for Lemon Bundt Cake on the net which sounded pretty good. It called for lemon cake mix which I didn't have so I used a butter yellow cake mix. It also called for 3/4 cup of Apricot nectar which we didn't have. Grandpa said 'WAIT" I THINK WE HAVE SOME APRICOT LIQUEUR IN THE BASEMENT". We did but it was probably 20 or 30 years old. Can't remember. Wellllll! we used it. Of course we sampled it to see if it was still good. It wasn't to bad. Made the bundt cake and it didn't come out to bad. My problem was I peeked when I thought it should have been done and it fell. Soooo we have a shrunk 42 apricot proof cake. It really doesn't taste to bad. We keep taking small samples to see if it taste OK. :)

1 comment: