Sunday, April 17, 2011
Today I'm going to share Alyssa's email she sent to me with her recipe of "Cream Cheese Bars". She made them for us when we were up in MN and they were so delicious that I wanted the recipe. Everyone who ate one kept saying "YUMMMMMM"! I have all the ingredients and hope to make them soon.
Bob and I had a great time visiting with you and grandpa while you were here in Minnesota, I wish you could have stayed longer! Here is the recipe that I promised to send you, feel free to share it with others if you would like:)
(2) 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
(1) cup sugar
(1) egg, separated
(1) tsp vanilla extract
(2) 8oz packages crescent rolls
(1/4) cup sugar
(1) tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350*
Grease 9x13 pan
- In a medium bowl, cream together both packages of cream cheese and (1) cup of sugar until smooth. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Unwrap (1) package of crescent rolls, pressing seams together to seal in the bottom of the pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over the crescents.
- Unwrap second package of crescents, press seams together and place over the top of the cream cheese mixture. (you may want to use a rolling pin for the top layer as you will not be able to press out the dough once you lay it on top of the cream cheese mixture)
- Brush top with egg whites and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake 30-35 minute or until slightly brown on top
- Cool and cut into bars
TWENTY CANS OF SUCCESS
7. Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that God always leads me in victory?
2 Corinthians 2:14----But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.