Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Unexpected

Saturday, June 26, 2010




Nothing PREPARES you for the unexpected. This evening I was in the kitchen and Grandpa was in the living room watching TV when there was a knock at the door. We both yelled "come on in" and then another knock and we again yelled "come on in". We both thought it was our neighbor Dan and to our surprise it was a stranger wanting to ask Grandpa about his wood chipper that is for sale. When I went to the door the poor man's look was :{ I told him we are just friendly people and invite everyone in. He still had the :{ look on his face. Grandpa finally got up and came to the door and took over from there. I don't think Grandpa sold the chipper.



TREASURES OF WISDOM

ON TALKING WITH GOD

Prayer PREPARES my heart for receiving the

Word of God from God Himself.



Hear my cry, O God;

listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth

I call to you,

I call as my heart grows faint;

lead me to the rock

that is higher than I.

Psalm 61:1-2



Love, grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment