Thursday, December 3, 2009

My friend Eric




Why is Eric my friend and so special to me? Eric has a form of Autism called Asperger's Syndrome which has a symptom of impairment in social interaction. Eric is 13 and in 7th grade. I've known Eric probably 5 or 6 years from church. Every Sunday before Sunday School starts Eric always comes in to say "Hello Mrs. Belden" and brings along something to share whether it's a book,or one of his favorite hobbies and even food. Eric has been very excited since he joined the wrestling team and shares what he has learned through the week. Today was his first match with two other schools. I just had to go see him wrestle. I was so impressed by his strength and knowledge of the game. No he didn't win but he scored points and didn't get pinned. His victory is what he has accomplished in such a short time. I am so proud of him that I just had to share it with you.

1 comment: