Monday, April 27, 2009

Erica

Yesterday, Sunday, I had the opportunity to see and hear our granddaughter Erica play bass in the symphonic orchestra at Allegheny College in PA. My son, John, picked me up and we traveled with some interesting things happening along the way. First I set my GPS up on the dashboard thinking we were all set to roll. We hadn't even gone the first 5 miles when my GPS blew out. I think it was caused by hitting one of those large pot holes in the road. We went to plan B which was a map John had printed out from map quest. We really took a tour of the country side seeing all the little towns along the way. We even saw a HUGE dinosaur in someones front yard. Next thing that happened was I offered John some gum which he took and part of his tooth came out. We made it to Meadville in good time and enjoyed the concert. After the concert we ate Chinese at the local restaurant. We were the only 3 people in the whole place. ???? I tried my GPS again for the trip home and we set it for the fastest time and couldn't believe the straight shot it was coming home, without pot holes. Live and Learn.


Erica is very talented and I enjoyed spending time with her.

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy that you could come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an exciting trip, on par with the exciting trip I had when my roommate and I went to visit last year. I'm glad you enjoyed Erica so much, wish I could have heard!

    ReplyDelete